Web Resource Evaluation

Topic: Elementary School Language Arts


Website One: ABCya!
Hyperlink: http://www.abcya.com/

The reason as to why I chose this website is because it is extremely organized and a lot of fun! It is organized by grade level and each grade level includes up to forty games for language arts. It also includes games that can be categorized by Holiday which makes lessons plans even more fun for those special times of the year. The website also includes categories for families and teachers. It was created in 2018 and the links are extremely functional. The intended audience includes all elementary school grades and they have been accredited by The New York Times, Apple, USA Today, Parents Magazine and the Scholastic Company. There are no graphic or grammar errors in any of the games.The website exists to supplement learning material in classes and to give kids a way to learn and refine new skills in a fun way. I would give it a 50 on the scale! It is an A+ website.


Website Two: Funbrain
Hyperlink: https://www.funbrain.com/

The reason why I chose this website is because I remember playing on it when I was younger and I loved it. This website is also organized by grade level and although it isn't organized by topic, you can still find reading games on here. It was created in 1992 so it has an extremely long lifeline, over 20 years to be in fact. The intended audience includes all the way up to middle school (grade 8). This website has been accredited "KidSafe" and even has a section for parents and teachers to learn a bit more about the site. The graphics are fun and trendy, with no errors. This website is considered safe because it does not include any chatting or conversation with other children so that there can be no bullying. Although it is not as educational as ABCya! it is still a fun site to visit. I would also give this a 50 on the scale, I remember using it all the time when I was younger and I hope it is around for even longer.


Comments