Blog Post #2
As a student, I use Microsoft Word a lot. I've written numerous essays, research papers and lab reports. It's amazing seeing how I used to use it just for the word art part to make fun little signs when I was younger, to now writing ten page papers. My teachers also use it for the same things, from creating assignments to writing letters to parents and even lesson plans. Teachers can also use word to create certificates. Word has helped speed up the education process by changing things from handwriting to being typed and it also allows things to get shared across a wider space.
My experience with copyright and fair use of materials in an education environment has mostly been with videos and teachers being allowed to use certain videos to teach lessons. I also have my own experience with it whenever I have to cite things by using them. When developing lesson plans in a preschool, I have also had to pay for certain lesson plans or instruction sheets because they were under a copyright. I have also experienced copyright and fair use material such as news images and other sources in AP testing. As a teacher, I would definitely use material like this in order to have something as an extra supplement to my work so the students can have more material to explore.
Comments
Post a Comment