Blog Post #6
I had a bit of trouble trying to find classroom pages because I feel like most classroom's just hand out newsletters for each class or send out emails. Here is one of the websites I found: https://sites.google.com/a/abschools.org/gateskokkinos/class-information . This is for a second grade classroom. On this website I found different curriculum sites and other classroom information. These links have what the class is learning, as well as other websites parents can use for supplementary material. It has the classroom rules as well as the list of Specials the classroom has and what day they have them, for example this classroom visits P.E. on Monday's, music on Wednesday's and visits the Library on Thursday's. It was a cute, simple website that was easy to navigate!
I envision myself using technology a lot. I can see myself using it the most for a grade book as well as attendance. I can also see myself using it to communicate with parents and other teachers. The way I will use it the most will be to prepare lesson plans and search for other material to use in the classroom.
I personally love the tech sandbox! I wish I had more time to visit it. I think I would use the smart board the most. I like it the most because I think it is the most beneficial for students and teachers. I think the best feature would be the diagram feature because it allows students to interact with it. I have also seen teachers use this in a classroom to work through interactive workbook pages and play games with the kids. It's also nice because it can be used as a normal whiteboard.

I am glad that you found one teacher's site eventually. How did you manage to find it? What search word did you put into google? One easy way to locate these sites is to search within weebly, wix, or, like the site you used, google.sites because most of the teacher's site are published on these free web development tools.
ReplyDelete