Blog Post #3
The ELA technology standards that I feel most prepared to teach with my prior knowledge are all those that have to do with literature and media. I have used technology with literature many times, including listening to an audiotape while in a classroom setting. I also have experience with digital textbooks and some experience with an interactive white board. The things that require more learning on my part are those that have to do with integrating media into different formats or adding references to the footnote of a page. I find those more advanced than the other topics. For example, I had trouble during the last skill check when we had to zip a file, I had never done so before and needed to look up instructions to help me.
With my students, I would like to use mostly websites rather than actual softwares. I think using a website that allows them to play games and learn on them is better than a software that a teacher cannot monitor because then a teacher cannot see if they are speaking rudely to one another or not abiding proper internet etiquette. Using websites such as "Starfall" and "GameClassroom" promote learning in a safe way, it also includes skills such as typing and mouse skills that can help prepare themselves to be life long learners in this technological age. These websites would be appropriate for Elementary School aged children.


Comments
Post a Comment