Blog Post #10

I will mostly use excel to keep track of grades and other areas of academic performance. I also believe that because I want to teach a younger grade, such as 2nd, I will use surveys to help collect data from parents. An example of this can be a survey done at the beginning of the year to collect information on the parents. I can also have the students fill out the survey in class to teach them about mean, median and mode. This would allow me to create an entire lessons on these topics that keeps the kids involved and interested in it. 

The topics that I found most interesting from reviewing my classmates' blogs were how they plan on using Twitter in the classroom or in their professional career. I really did not think about using Twitter for professional reason. It was awesome to see how it can be used in so many different ways. 

I personally would love to learn how to create a video of many different little video clips, like a recap video. I think this would be great in any career field. For a teacher specifically, you could use it to create recap videos of field trips or fun days from school that can be shared with parents. Ideally, I would achieve this goal by going to a class or a couple of classes to get hands on experience.

Comments