Blog Post #8

Adaptive technologies are technologies that are used by students who have disabilities. This can include disabilities that are physical, such as blindness or deafness. It also includes those who may have autism, down syndrome or other mental disabilities. They are built so that any student can interact in the classroom without their disabilities stopping them. I personally have never worked with students that have used adaptive technology in the classroom. The challenges I see in using adaptive technology is the student feeling different because they aren't using what the other students are using, or finding the resources to pay for these adaptive technologies.

I would use powerpoint to help a student learn Bloom's Taxonomy by creating a slide for each different category. Then, I would include a video at the end that would summarize it all.

A website I would use to stay on top of technological trends is https://campustechnology.com/Home.aspx. This website is a network that includes different articles on new technology and articles on how technology is changing the classroom. Here is a screenshot of an article I found interesting:



Comments